Campbellsville Fire-Rescue was dispatched to a report of a structure fire with possible victims at 209 Chestnut Street in Campbellsville, upon arrival firefighters found a 12x12 storage building on fire with two immediate exposures being residential houses, firefighters provided medical care to the burn victim, extinguished the fire, protected exposures and provided overhaul. There were two civilian injuries reported- the first patient was a 42 year old male with 2nd degree burns to 45% of his body and the second victim was a 15 year old male with superficial burns to his hands. Both patients was treated and transported by CTCEMS to Taylor Regional Hospital. The 42 year old male was later transferred via Air Evac to UofL.
The cause of the fire is related to an explosion as a result of gas fumes reaching a space heater causing the explosion and fire.
24 Firefighters on the Scene
Apparatus Responding: Engine 4, Engine 1, Truck 1 and Chief
Campbellsville Taylor County Emergency Communication Center
Campbellsville Taylor County Emergency Medical Services