The Big Dawg Weather Blog is presented by:
Good Tuesday Afternoon, Folks! I wanted to give everyone an update on what to expect over the next 48 hours, which looks to be a very active period!
Tonight through Tomorrow Morning
- Strong south winds 20-30 mph with gusts 40-50 mph this evening
- Localized gusts above 50 mph possible
- Timing of highest wind gusts will be from 7 PM EST to 1 AM EST tonight
- Loose outdoor items will be blown around, and small limbs could fall
- Isolated power outages possible Travel in high profile vehicles could be difficult, especially on W to E oriented roadways
Wednesday Night through Thursday Morning
The first chance for severe weather comes Wednesday night into early Thursday. Scattered storms will move into our area from western Tennessee. The strongest storms look to remain west of I-65, just out of our immediate area, but strong storms are still possible. Generally, I'm not looking at a significant severe weather risk here, but strong to an isolated severe storm is possible!
This is the period that Im watching the most. This setup looked much worse a few days ago, but thankfully things didn't play out as they could have. However, we are still looking at a good chance of severe weather during the afternoon period on Thursday, and we all know how mother nature is; you never know what you will get. So it's essential to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best!
- Time Period 12PM- 7PM Eastern
All severe hazards are on the table, but main threat is damaging winds and hail
Short-Lived Tornadoes are on the table
Gusty winds outside of showers and storms
Stay up to date on the latest forecasts
The SPC has placed the entire area in a SLIGHT risk for severe weather, which means that scattered severe storms are possible.
As always, I'll be monitoring things closely! LIVE video is planned for tomorrow (Wednesday, Feb 15th), at 5 PM Central/6 PM Eastern!
Have a wonderful afternoon, and I'll be chatting with you soon!