The Big Dawg Weather Blog is presented by:
- A-Plus Comfort Care
- Central Ky Construction & Concrete
- Razed Right Barbershop
- Insulation Solutions of Ky
Good Wednesday Evening, Folks. Crashing temperatures behind a strong cold front will bring a change from rain to snow over the region Friday night into Saturday. Accumulating snow is likely through Saturday morning, along with well below normal temperatures and low wind chills through Saturday night. Below are some key messages regarding this weekends system:
- Travel impacts are likely Friday night and Saturday morning, and significant impacts due to heavy snow are possible.
- Higher snow accumulations likely east of I-65, with the heaviest snow near and east of I-75.
- Very cold temperatures are likely following the snow over the weekend.
- Confidence has increased in travel impacts due to accumulating snow Friday night through Saturday.
Tonight's data has increased snowfall accumulations across our area, and The NWS will likely issue a Winter Storm Watch at some point tomorrow if this trend continues. Below is tonight's data so far; please pay close attention to the forecast, as changes will occur. Have a fantastic night, folks!