The Taylor County Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a fire alarm at Amazon on Thursday, November 12, 2020. Campbellsville Fire Rescue responded for automatic aid. Upon arrival, firefighters were advised that there was some type of fire in a room and the fire suppression system was activated. Firefighters investigated and found there was a battery system on a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) that was on fire and the halon fire suppression system activated extingusihing the fire. Firefighters checked for fire extension and evacuated smoke and halon compound from the room. The damage was contained to the battery system. No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported.
14 Firefighters were on the scene
CFD Apparatus on scene
Engine1, Truck 1, and Chief
TCFD Apparatus on scene
Engine 63 and Tanker 65
Assisting Agencies: Campbellsville Taylor County EMS and Campbellsville Taylor County Emergency Communications Center