An Adair County man was arrested on Meth charges after authorities investigated a complaint.
On October 18th, 2019 at 8:20pmCT, Adair County K-9 Deputy Josh Durbin, Deputy Joey Keith and Sheriff Josh Brockman responded to a residence off Guthrie Street. The Sheriff's office had received complaints of suspected drug activity in the area. Upon arriving at the residence in question, contact was made with 37-year-old Justin Wallace of Columbia. Wallace was found to be under the influence and in possession of methamphetamine.
Wallace was arrested by K-9 Deputy Josh Durbin and lodged in the Adair County Regional Jail on charges of Public Intoxication and Possession of Methamphetamine.
The Adair County Sheriff’s Office is continuing the investigation.
The 2nd "Food Truck" event of the year will be held on Friday, November 8, 2019 in conjunction with the "To The Nines" monthly event, only 3 weeks away! “The purpose of the activity is to promote downtown Columbia and to encourage people to shop local,” said Columbia Mayor Pamela Hoots.
Food trucks scheduled to date include: Hogan’s Hogs & Dogs of Bowling Green; Gold Star Chili of Somerset; Happy Hawg Barbeque of Russell Springs; Mimi’s Ice of Columbia; Bobby’s World Ice Cream of Campbellsville; and Master Artisan Food Truck of Burkesville. More food trucks are anticipated. All varieties of food will be available including: chili, nachos, catfish, tenderloin, barbeque, funnel cakes, and more.
Proceeds will go toward funding of handicapped ramps for people in the community who need them. For more information, call Columbia City Hall at 270-384-2501.
WAVE News has more details on an arrest made over the weekend.
On Sunday morning, October 20, 2019 Columbia Police Officers responded to a suspicious person on Marshall Street. Shortly after turning onto the street, Officers observed and made contact with a female in a yard yelling and acting erratically. While speaking with the party she took her purse and dumped the contents onto the ground in front of the Officers who observed a small plastic baggie with a white powdery substance consistent with methamphetamine.
Sarah Scott Mann, 29, of Columbia, KY was placed into custody and charged with Public Intoxication as well as Possession of a Controlled Substance (Methamphetamine). Scott was lodged in the Adair Co. Regional Jail.
Officer Drew Conn was the arresting Officer. He was assisted by Sergeant Charles Greer.
The Russell Co. School Board met on Monday evening. Jim Leib has details......
An Adair Co. Grand Jury has returned numerous indictments. Lisa Clark has details...
On October 1st, 2019 the Adair County Sheriffs Office was made aware of a Honda 4-wheeler that had been stolen from the Chance community of Adair County.
On October 3rd, 2019 Sheriff Josh Brockman located the ATV at a residence on Independence Ridge in the Breeding community. The ATV was seized by Sheriff Brockman and returned to its owners. A warrant for the arrest of 26-year-old Justin Bledsoe of Adair County was sworn out by Chief Deputy Justin Cross who was able to determine through investigation that Bledsoe was in possession of the ATV.
On Sunday, October 20th, 2019 Adair Co. Sheriff’s Deputy Dereck Padgett received information as to Justin Bledsoe's whereabouts and was able to take him into custody on the warrant for theft. Bledsoe also had an outstanding warrant for his arrest from Adair District Court.
Chief Deputy Justin Cross is continuing the investigation.
- Toby Gillispie, 28, Midway, KY - arrested Sunday night in Russell Co. by KSP for Careless Driving; Failure to Wear Seatbelt; Failure to Notify Kentucky Dept. of Transportation of Address Change; and DUI
- Sara Lea Martin, 59, Taylorsville, KY - arrested by RSPD Officer Justice early this morning (Monday) on a Fugitive from Another State Warrant
- Wesley Taylor, 31, Russell Springs - arrested Sunday night by RSPD for Public Intoxication
- Bobby Beard, 48, Russell Springs - arrested by RCSO for Trafficking in a Controlled Substance (Methamphetamine); Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument; Sell/Transfer Simulated Controlled Substance, 2nd Degree; and Persistent Felony Offender
- Amber Thomas, 41, Russell Springs, KY - arrested Saturday night by Deputy Nathan Ginn of the Russell Co. Sheriff's Office for Criminal Trespassing, 1st Degree.
- Joshua Montgomery, 35, Russell Springs, KY - arrested Saturday afternoon by KSP for Wanton Endangerment, 1st Degree and Tampering With Physical Evidence.
- Ashley Elizabeth Exline, 32, Somerset, KY - arrested Friday afternoon by Probation & Parole Officer Hardwick for Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree (Methamphetamine) and Escape, 2nd Degree.
- Makenzie Abbot, 23, Somerset, KY - arrested by the Pulaski Co. Sheriffs Office and booked into the Russell Co. Detention Center on Friday afternoon for Possession of a Controlled Substance (Methamphetamine), 2 counts of Promoting Contraband, and 2 counts of Violating Probation for a Felony Offense.
Lodged in the Russell Co. Detention Center.
- Justin Bledsoe, 26, Columbia - arrested Sunday morning by ACSO for Receiving Stolen Property (under $10,000), and served a Bench Warrant for Court
- Sara Scott, 29, Columbia - arrested by CPD on Sunday morning for Public Intoxication and Possession of a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree (Methamphetamine)
- Terry Keeling, 32, Columbia - arrested Sunday afternoon by CPD for Fleeing or Evading Police (on foot); Assault, 4th degree (Domestic Violence with Minor Injuries); and servded 2 Bench Warrants for Court
- Jessy McQueary, 34, Russell Springs - arrested by RCSO on Sunday afternoon for Possession of a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree (Methamphetamine)
- Brandon Davis, 35, Greensburg, KY - arrested Saturday evening by the Green Co. Sheriff's Office for TBUT (Shoplifting under $500).
- Janet Faye Dobson, 63, Glasgow, KY - arrested Saturday evening by Columbia Police Officer Jordan Dean for TBUT (Shoplifting under $500), and Criminal Trespassing, 3rd Degree.
- Justin Wallace, 37, Columbia, KY - arrested Friday night by ACSO for Possession of a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree (Methamphetamine) and Public Intoxication of a Controlled Substance (Excluding Alcohol).
- Andy Lee Field, 40, Elkhorn, KY - arrested by Probation & Parole for Fraudulent Firearm Transaction (Class D Felony).
Lodged in the Adair Co. Regional Jail.
The Russell County School Board will meet on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6:00 PM at the Russell County Middle School (Library).
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Adoption of Agenda
4. Russell County Education Association (RCEA) Certified and Classified Employee Recognition: Eric Godby, RCHS Social Studies Teacher & Clay Roy, Bus Mechanic
5. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of Minutes
B. Payment of Bills
C. Construction Funds
D. School Activity Fund Reports
E. Financial Report
F. Field Trips
6. Lake Cumberland Regional College and Workforce Center Construction Update
7. Cumberland Family Medical Center Contract (Addendum #2)
8. Occupational Therapist Stipend
9. Purchase of two (2) school buses
10. Shortened School Day and/or Week
11. Overnight Trips
12. Pulaski County Schools Use of Russell County Auditorium/Natatorium Complex Pool
13. Fundraiser Approval
14. Public Comment
15. School Year 2018-2019 K-PREP Assessment Data Presentation
16. 2019 Energy Management Report (EMR)
17. Personnel Reports
There will be a Special Called Joint Council Meeting with the Russell Springs City Council and the Jamestown City Council on Monday, October 21st, 2019 at 6:00pmCT at the Russell County Courthouse (Fiscal Court Room) in Jamestown, KY.
PRAYER - DENNIS PRICE, RUSSELL SPRINGS UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - RUSSELL SPRINGS, JAMESTOWN, AND SALEM ELEMENTARY STUDENTS
- MEETING CALLED TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
- KLC RECOGNITION OF SENATOR MAX WISE AND SENATE BILL 1
- SIGNING PROCLAMATION
The Adair County School Board met on Thursday evening. Jim Leib has details....
As of 10:21amCT on Friday, October 18, 2019 the Boil Water Advisory starting at 1405-610 Campbellsville Rd, N. Bramlett St., Pickett Hill Rd, W Barbee St., W Page St., Parrott Ave., Grant Ln, and Joe R. Barbee Rd. has been lifted by the Division of Water Columbia Office. This means your water is safe for human consumption. You no longer have to boil your water.
- Jessica May Whitis, 37, Russell Springs - arrested by KSP on Thursday morning for Possession of a Controlled Substance, 1st degree (Methamphetamine); Possession of Drug Paraphernalia; and Failure to Appear.
- Jesse Huckaby, 20, Columbia, KY - arrested by KSP on Thursday night for DUI and Careless Driving.
Lodged in the Adair Co. Regional Jail.
A Taylor County man was flown to a Louisville hospital following a 1-vehicle accident on Thursday night.
The accident occurred at 11:47pmET. Kyle A. Mardis, 39, of Campbellsville, KY was operating a 2007 Chevy Cruze, traveling East on Stoner Creek Road, when the vehicle left the roadway striking an embankment causing the auto to flip numerous times before coming to rest on its roof. Mardis was ejected and pinned under the vehicle and had to be extricated by fire personnel. He was flown by Air Evac to the Univ. of Louisville Hospital for treatment. A passenger, 26-year-old Tiffany Renee Clark of Campbellsville, KY sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to Taylor Regional Hospital.
Deputy Paul Pinson with the Taylor Co. Sheriff's Office investigated the injury accident. He was assisted on scene by CTCEMS, the Taylor County Fire Dept., the Campbellsville Fire Dept., and Air Evac.
Date Issued: 10/17/2019
Time Issued: 2:45 p.m.
A BOIL WATER ADVISORY is in effect for consumers of Columbia Adair Utilities District on 1405-610 Campbellsville Rd, N. Bramlett St., Pickett Hill Rd, W Barbee St., W Page St., Parrott Ave., Grant Ln, and Joe R. Barbee Rd. The advisory has been issued due to a reduce in pressure.
Following such an event, the potential exists for bacteriological contamination of the water supply therefore this Boil Water Advisory has been issued as a precautionary measure.
Until further notice, boil all water used for drinking and cooking, bringing the water to a rolling boil for 3 minutes before using.
The advisory will remain in effect until the situation has been corrected and test results have shown the water to be of an acceptable quality.
For more information concerning the Boil Water Advisory, contact Lennon Stone at Columbia Adair Utilities District, 270-384-2181.
Russell Grimsley, 40, of Russell Springs, KY was arrested Wednesday afternoon by the RCSO for Fleeing or Evading Police, 2nd Degree (on foot) and 2 counts of Violating a Kentucky EPO/DVO. Grimsley was lodged in the Russell Co. Detention Center.
On Monday, October 14th, 2019 the Adair County Sheriff's Office investigated a Domestic Assault that took place around the 2300 Block of Russell Road. A 42-year-old female was assaulted, which caused multiple facial fracture injuries.
Following a preliminary investigation, 30-year-old Derek W. Brown of Columbia, KY was arrested and charged with Assault, 2nd degree - Domestic Violence. Brown was lodged in the Adair County Regional Jail. The investigation is on going by Deputy Derek Padgett.
A Russell County woman was arrested on drug charges Wednesday as the Russell County Sheriffs Office continues to battle the local Drug epidemic.
According to Sheriff Derek Polston, a Drug Search Warrant was executed at 160 Geneva Drive in Russell Springs. Arrested at the scene was 35-year-old Nicole R. Hicks (aka Nikki Grider). She was charged with Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, 1st degree, 1st offense (Methamphetamine); Possession of a Controlled Substance, 1st degree (Methamphetamine); Possession of Marijuana (less than 8oz); and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Deputy Kenny Perkins is the investigating Officer. Assisting at the scene were Deputies Melton, Ginn, and Meyer. This brings the total of Drug Search warrants (either by search or consent) to 30 for 2019.
Sheriff Polston reminds all Russell County citizens that if you suspect drug or any type of suspicious activity, to call the Russell County Sheriffs Office Drug/Wanted Person Tip-line at 270-343-8116. All callers will remain anonymous.
Adair County K-9 Deputy Josh Durbin along with his partner "Nitro" recently attended training in Richmond, KY. The event was hosted by the Madison County Sheriffs Office. K-9 Deputies and Officers from over 30 agencies participated in the training which covered topics such as: Case Law involving the use of K-9’s, First Aid & Trauma, and Nutrition & exercise.
Deputy Durbin and "Nitro" have been a valuable asset to our office, according to Adair County Sheriff Josh Brockman. He goes on to say that the sheriff's office will continue to train and improve this new program in an effort to combat the drug problems in the community.
The Taylor Co. Sheriff's Office responded to a 1-vehicle fatal accident at 5:47amET this (Wednesday) morning on Speck Ridge Road. 29-year-old Matthew Burress of Elkhorn, KY was operating a 2011 Chevrolet traveling west on Speck Ridge Road, when it appears he lost control in a curve, traveled off the roadway and down an embankment. Burress was ejected from the auto. He was transported to Taylor Regional Hospital by Campbellsville/Taylor Co. EMS where he was pronounced deceased by the Taylor Co. Coroner.
Deputy Rodney Cox was the investigating officer.
The Russell County Boil Water Advisory on Robertson Street near the Save-a-lot area including Butler Drive and Highway 127, and a section from Butler Drive north to Reeder Road has been lifted. The Advisory was issued on Monday, Oct. 14th due to a water main break.