According to Pulaski County Sheriff Greg Speck, a Somerset man was arrested on numerous charges on February 8, 2018 as a result of a Pulaski County Circuit Court Indictment. In September of 2017, Detective Cody Cundiff of the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigations Division began an investigation into allegations concerning Larry Dale Lawson Jr. and two juvenile victims. As a result of a six-month long investigation, Detective Cundiff submitted his findings to the Pulaski County Grand Jury and an indictment was returned.
On February 8, 2018, Detective Cundiff arrested Larry Dale Lawson Jr., age 41, of Bullock Cemetery Road on the Pulaski County Circuit Court Indictment charging Lawson with the following offenses:
- One count of Sodomy 1st Degree Victim Under 12 Years of Age
- Two counts of Rape 1st Degree Victim Under 12 Years of Age
- Six counts of Sexual Abuse 1st Degree Victim Under 12 Years of Age
- Five counts of Unlawful Transaction with A Minor 1st Degree - Illegal Sex Act Victim Under 16 Years of Age
- Two counts of Indecent Exposure 1st Degree 1st Offense
- One count of Distribution of Obscene Matter To Minors 1st Offense
- One count of Use of A Minor Under 16 Years OF Age In A Sexual Performance Two counts of Promoting A Minor Under 16 Years Of Age In A Sexual Performance
- Twenty counts of Possession/Viewing Matter Portraying A Sexual Performance by A Minor
Mr. Lawson is currently lodged in the Pulaski County Detention Center. Bond is currently set at $200,000 cash.